Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University will not conduct Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination (VITMEE), instead, academic performance(Marks upto prefinal year) in regular undergraduate degree will be considered to offer admissions to candidates in its Master’s Programmes.
- According to VITMEE Eligibility Criteria, candidates possessing a full-time bachelor’s degree from any recognized institute with an aggregate of 60% marks can apply for the exam.
- The exam is cancelled and admissions will be done based on academic performance of the candidate.
- GATE 2020 qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for VITMEE 2020 to secure a seat in the M.Tech course offered by the Institute.
- Candidates with adequate GATE score will be given direct admission, irrespective of their academic performance.
Candidates are required to pay an application fee of INR 1200 to complete the registration process. The Results will be available in the second month of July. Candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure after results are declared.
VITMEE 2020 Important Dates
On the Basis of Nationality
Candidate must be a citizen of India and have graduated from institutions located in India. Foreign and NRI/PIO applications are to be made separately. These candidates can visit International Relations Tab at VIT Website.
On the Basis of Qualifying Marks
- Applicants should have graduated (full-time degree from any recognized University/Institute) with a minimum of 60% or 1st class for MCA Final year (final semester) candidates are also eligible to apply. They must have completed their final semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT.
- It is also must to produce a statement of final year marks and Provisional degree certificate before August 15, failing which admission will be cancelled with the forfeit of the admission fee.
On the Basis of Academic Qualification
- The candidates applying for MCA, must possess recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level or at the graduate level or should have obtained at least 60% or First class at the qualifying examination.
- Placement Requirements: Industries offering Placement at VIT have stipulated a minimum of 60% Marks for candidates in their UG programs and in class X and XII. A maximum of 2 years of the academic gap is permitted.